Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dim Sum? Yes!


I recently decided to try something new in the kitchen.

Dim Sum!

My friend Christine introduced me to this fabulous form of cooking/eating just a couple weeks ago. If you ever have the chance, on a weekend to go out for dim sum, do it! It's usually served early in the day, as something like brunch. Go hungry and bring someone who speaks Chinese!

For Mother's Day I received a bamboo steamer basket and was not entirely sure what to do with it. That was, until I discovered the culinary delight of Dim Sum!

Light, warm, fluffy buns with delicious fillings, both sweet and savory. Spring rolls and soft see-through dumplings filled with fresh shrimp. Lotus buns and custard tarts provide the perfect finish to the meal!

I'm hooked. So i gave it a try in my own kitchen and had great success! I am stoked!

Shrimp, Pork, and Shiitake filled Siew Mai Dumplings

Barbecue Pork Buns

I am definitely going to make more dim sum. Next time I think I'll make buns and tarts with sweet fillings! Yum!

No comments: